First-of-its-kind accelerator for supporting innovative quantum startups.
Duality is the first program in the nation that is exclusively dedicated
to accelerating new startup companies focused on quantum science and technology. It is led by the University of Chicago's Polsky Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation and the Chicago Quantum Exchange, along with founding partners the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Argonne National Laboratory, and P33.
The 12-month accelerator program is based in Chicago, and offers innovative quantum startups a comprehensive set of resources including:
- Entrepreneurial training
- World-class business expertise and mentorship
- Technical expertise and the opportunity to access state-of-the-art facilities*
- Industry exposure
- $50,000 (USD) in unrestricted funding
* The opportunity to access state-of-the-art facilities is subject to approval by the relevant facility, and compliance with its policies and procedures.
- Chuck Vallurupalli, Senior Director of Duality
In this role, he leads all aspects of Duality by setting the accelerator's strategic vision, overseeing all program operations, providing critical venture support resources to quantum startup companies, and cultivating relationships with key partners, mentors, venture capitalists, corporations, and other stakeholders. He is also a member of the Polsky Center executive team.
- Preeti Chalsani, Deputy Director of Duality
In this role, she helps set the accelerator's strategic vision while providing the technology context to the accelerator and build relationships with corporate partners, mentors, quantum startups, partners, and stakeholders. She also serves as the director of industry partnerships for quantum information science in a joint position with the Polsky Center and the Chicago Quantum Exchange (CQE).
- Crissy Ritter, Strategic Operations Lead
In this role, she helps run all operations and programming for Duality, ensuring the needs of the cohort participants are bring addressed. Crissy bringing a wealth of knowledge in operations and managing accelerator programming and previously ran the Polsky Center's summer accelerator.
Meet the Mentors
Startups accepted into Duality receive dedicated support and mentoring from top business experts, investors, and entrepreneurs. The growing list of Duality mentors includes:
Keith Crandell, Cofounder and Managing Director, Arch Venture Partners
- David Dorsey, Principal, 11.2 Capital
- Ray Johnson, Operating Partner, Bessemer Venture Partners
- Christophe Jurczak, Managing Partner and Founder, Quantonation
- Karen Kerr, Managing Director, Agile Equities
- Masha Khusid, Partner, Drive Capital
- Matt Langione, Principal, Boston Consulting Group (BCG)
- Jai Shekhawat, Founder and former CEO, Fieldglass and Advisor, Chicago Ventures